Welcome

Thanks for checking out our site and please come back..

Followers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Travel Plans

 

Our month here in Wyoming will be up on the 27th, so I have been doing travel routes all day.  Right now it looks like we will be going back through South Dakota, in to MN., down through WI., and then down through Ill.   We will be staying in a lot of Pass Port America camps.  We do this whenever possible, when traveling, to keep the cost down.  I always have an upswing in diesel usage, so try to save on camping.  After all, we are “The Frugal Travelers”. 

 

We had another little RV Gremlin show up yesterday afternoon.  Our outside shower just started gushing water, so Donnie had to turn the water off and figure out what was wrong.  He did figure it out after quite a bit of grumbling and complaining.  I guess a part had just worn out, anyway we hightailed it over to the Ace Hardware this morning and got a part for it and that took care of that.  Its nice to have a hubby that is handy… :)  This was the first time I had ever seen a Ben Franklin Craft Shop inside of an Ace Hardware.  Yes, they sold material, yarns, craft supplies,  and all kinds of stuff.  Another first on my list of firsts.

 

Since there is not much going on in the Winter Camp today I thought I would show you a few of our family.  I know a lot of you just started reading my blog since I moved from mytripjournal.   The Uncle Boone I keep talking about is actually my brother, just older than me.  He was diagnosed with mylo(SP) dysplastic syndrome precancerous leukemia.  He was told a couple of years ago that he had 18 months to live, but so far he has proved them wrong.  Besides being close to him and loving him very much, he is also my kids God Father.

Uncle Boone

This is him before he became ill.

 

Next I will put up a picture of my daughter, Shannon, a nurse, and my Son Jon, a Sergeant in the Army, who incidentally did a tour in Afghanistan.  I am very proud of all of my kids.

 

Shannon and Jon

 

Next is my step kids, which seem like my own now. 

020This is Jay, with his Dad, at the shooting range in Colorado.  He is a Plumber.  We really could have used him yesterday.

 

030  This is Jennifer and her husband Rich at the same shooting range.  Sorry about the pictures, but I store most of my pictures on a hard drive and didn’t want to go clear through to get a close-up of the kids.  Jennifer is a teacher and Rich does maintenance  repair on most of the fast-food places in Colorado Springs.

 

 

20833_103910132992546_100001206794490_24217_1480177_n

 And this is Mickie with her husband Mike.  They live in Holland, In.   Mike is a truck driver and Mickie is a home-maker. 

Our Sea Breeze  And this is our Wheel Estate.  We now have a white truck.  We bought it down in Texas in early 08.

 

Door side 

And this is from the other side .  I believe this was taken in Iowa. 

 

20091230914540

 And this is all of my Siblings.  I unfortunately don’t have a picture with all of Donnie’s family, but will try to hunt one up at a later date.  He has 1 brother and 2 sisters.

 

You all stay safe.  :)

    

 

7 comments:

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Thank you for your comment.
Happy Trails, Penny, TX

Gypsy said...

Thanks for posting pictures of your family. It's nice to learn a bit more about the folks we get to know through their blogs.

BamaGurl said...

You have a wonderful family! I love ur posting these. Ur brother is a handsome man. When u next speak with ur son, please tell him that these folks in Alabama sure appreciate his service to this wonderful country. Lots of folks don't know what it's like to be in the military...my husband was active during the Vietnam war, so I do. So many folks take forgranted what they do but I don't...it's not an easy life. But again, I say thank u to him and all who do it. Ur daughter is beautiful! Just really enjoyed all the pics. Thanks again.

Sue and Doug said...

nice recap of your family..and really nice 'wheel estate'

Margie M. said...

Beautiful family pics. My hubby was told he might have MDS like Uncle Boone. Lots of tests and nothing could be diagnosed for sure. So, we are taking the opportunity to live the RV life while we can. Only God knows what our future will be.

Take care...safe travels, enjoy the view.

Rick said...

You have a great family. Thanks for posting all the photos!

Travels with Emma said...

Now I can put faces with names. Thanks. :)