Welcome

Thanks for checking out our site and please come back..

Followers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Chili Kind of Day

 

It is actually a little warmer here today.  It is 73* as I am writing this post.  Only 59* when we took our walk this morning. 

 

We had a very amusing incident at the RV Park this morning, while we were walking.  A lady was walking her little, white, Spitz dog, when suddenly it got loose.  Everyone was scurrying around trying to catch him, but he wasn’t giving up his freedom easily.  After chasing him around the Park a couple of times, and we had all laughed until our bellies hurt, she finally captured him.  I don’t know who was more tired, him or his owner, but it was plain to us they were both glad to be reunited.  :)

 

Well, I heard from my stepson, Jason that the Colts were scheduled to play on the NFL channel today, but they blacked it out.  What’s up with that?    These are preseason games, after all.

 

My NASCAR race isn’t going to well either.  My favorite, Jeff Gordon, was in third, then he had an unexpected flat tire and was pushed back to 23.   So much for that today.  Yes, I am a redneck….

 

Want to welcome all of my followers.  Still trying to learn all the ins and outs of this new site, but I will get there.

 

Rick has very graciously been trying to teach me some of the things I don’t understand yet.  Everything he has taught me has been greatly appreciated, so please click his name, and visit his site.  He posts a lot of techie stuff and helps a lot of folks like me.

 

I am going to start a big pot of Chili in a little bit.  That is usually what we have on Football Sunday’s.  I realize that probably doesn’t sound very good to those of you who are in the very hot weather, but it is just perfect for us here.

 

Want to try to add another picture just to see if I am getting any better at it.

 

Panorama 2

Looks pretty small to me.  This was my first try at a panorama picture.  I just went out behind the RV and took 3 pictures, then stitched them together on my Nikon software.  I am still trying to figure out why I can’t get Autostitch  to work on my computer.  I think it has something to do with the picture program that came with my new computer.  Oh, well, I will learn it all in good time.

 

Going to get off of here and get that Chili started.  Catch you later… :)

5 comments:

Gypsy said...

The panorama pic turned out very nicely. And I love the header picture!

I'm glad you switched to Blogger. You are showing creativity that could never have been obvious in TripJournal, i.e., photos, blog setup, etc. Have fun!

Happytrails said...

We love chili no matter what the weather outside. In fact, we had Taco Soup the other day and just enjoyed it soooo much. I do like your temps though!! Can't wait to experience those again.
I like your header pic also. One of my favorite flowers. The panorama pic is nice....love the view from your behind the RV. Nice!
I agree with Gypsy. We used to do Trip Journal and there just isn't any creativity there. Mike really likes playing with blogger/Live Writer. It takes awhile to figure it all out but its fun.

Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

Sue and Doug said...

good job on the header picture!!!..it is lovely..and around here?..chili would be a big NO..it was 34 ceclius..stinkin hot!!!

Travels with Emma said...

Wow! Great header picture, and I'm guessing it's your own? As I've said before, I think Blogger coupled with Live Writer is the way to go. :)

I've been in that situation where Emma has gotten loose by accident...not fun. :(

mikki17 said...

Hi pidge, love your new blog, the pics are beautiful, will learn how to send a real pic of me later. waiting for that football game and nascar as well. take care