Welcome

Thanks for checking out our site and please come back..

Followers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Out With Nancy

 

Tuesday was the day I picked to introduce Nancy to geo-caching.  She took to it like a duck takes to water.  She jumped right in and started helping me find them.  We found 8 out of 10, so, we had a great day.  It was 65*, the sun was shining, you couldn’t have asked for a better day.  I have a couple of pictures to share with you.

2011-01-25

2011-01-251

I must explain that we did invite the fellows to go with us, but Nancy’s husband, Paul, and her son were in a very serious tractor verses car accident a couple of years ago, and Paul still suffers from back pain.  He had an appointment with the Doctor that adjusts your back.  The name of the Doctor that does this escapes my mind. (another senior moment)  Donnie has also been having trouble with his knees.  Rusty tripped him the other day and he fell right on his knees, and I think they are probably bruised really bad.  It was on the blacktop and that is pretty hard to go down on.

 

Speaking of Rusty, he is still doing very well in the potty department, but not so well in the minding.  I know I can be a little too anal retentive but, I try to be more patient with him.  All the dog-owners, here at the park, tell me to just give him time, that he is still very much a puppy but, I swear he is deaf.  He doesn’t bite me though!!  I have stopped that;  he has Donnie chewed up all the time.

Welcome to my newest follower, Erik’s RV Blog.  I look forward to reading his blog and seeing what it is all about.  Hope you enjoy the ride along with us.

I have a couple of pictures of the kids I want to share with you.  The first is of my 2 good looking Grandsons, and my adorable Great Grandson.  Grandma is very proud of all of you.

101_5131

The next is of my nephew, TJ and his beautiful family.  Susan, and the 2 girls, Kayley and Hannah.  I think I spelled one of the girls names wrong, but I think they will forgive me.

166692_1766175589989_1107138491_32032101_4303702_n

I have a couple of problems with writing my blog.  I am sure they are probably simple to fix, but not for me.  The first is setting my type to a certain text, size and so forth.  I have  favorites I like to use all the time, but every time I add a picture, or save my blog, it goes back to what ever.  Can someone help me with this?

The second problem I have is with the watermark.  The very first time I used it I must have hit something, because that watermark appears on every picture I post, so, I have to go in and delete it, then add what I want.  I prefer to do like others and just have them have my blog name permanently, but just can’t figure out how to do this. Can someone help?  I am so computer challenged sometimes… :)

Yesterday was Jam Session day.  There were eight musicians that showed up.  They added a man that plays all kinds of harmonicas.  It really gave the music a better sound. It’s a lot of fun, and several of the campers got up and sang yesterday.  Frank, Carolyn, Bonnie, and Bill all showed their hidden talents.  Bonnie’s Mother, Betty also joined in on a song.  We had a great time, and during the break we all had snacks and a drink.  Winnie brought some fabulous brownies made with cream cheese.  I have a couple of shots I will share with you.

2011-01-27

2011-01-271

2011-01-272

There is always lots of fellowship at these gatherings.  Mostly they sing funny songs, with a few sentimental ones thrown in, and lots of Gospel.  That seems to be the number one favorite.  Frank and Carolyn do a Patriotic song that always brings everyone to their feet.  It is beautiful.

Tomorrow a bunch of us are heading up to San Antonio to a very large flea market.  I think we will have a great day and I will let you all know how it goes.  The nights have been very cool, but the days are perfect for walking around a flea market.  It has been in the high 60’s or low 70’s every day.

That’s it for now, all you folks up north stay warm, and all you folks way down south stay cool.

ATT00001_

9 comments:

Barb said...

You have such a beautiful family! Sounds like you're having a great time. That jam session looks like fun. :)

cruzin2some said...

Have FUN at the flea market. Nice looking family you have.

Hope Donnie is moving around better real soon.

Travel Safe
Dawn & Denise

Anonymous said...

I have a Geocaching 101 session planned for Sunday morning, actually with a fellow fulltimer. Glad to hear that it went well. 8/10 is good!

Unknown said...

Looks like a good time for everyone!

Happytrails said...

Fun, fun, fun!! You guys did really well with the geocaching....good for you!!

Jeannie and Eldy said...

Blogger is such a pain sometimes! I'm sorry I don't have any answers for that..I just slog thru it at the time and hope it turns out! There are blogger help forums in several different spots other than blogger, I try those some times. Thanks for sharing family photos! Have fun at the flea market, I LOVE those!

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Looks like a fun time. We have tried Geo catching and need to spend a bit of time on it.

Rick said...

Great looking family - beautiful photos.

On the watermark question, I'm assuming you are using Picasa to add those. If so, just open any picture folder and select the photo you want to watermark.

Click on “Export” at the bottom of the screen and you will see a new pop-up window.

Click the “Add Watermark” check box, enter your Watermark text and click “Export”. All of the images from that point on will be exported and each will contain the Watermark text you entered until you decide to change it.

So, to just use your blog name, check the watermark box and enter your blog name in the box.

Sue and Doug said...

what a successful geocaching day you both had!..who needs men to find them!..not you!...good luck with your blog questions..I see that Rick has answered one of them!..did you ever get his book that he posted on line??
if this link below doesn't work..just go to his blog and click on the 101 sign...you can print the book ..more than likely all the answers would be in there..it is a great resource tool!

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3BXCw9iRFLRZDAwZTg1MGMtYjhlMy00NDVhLWIzODItMzQ5YTVmOTA2Mjgx&sort=name&layout=list&num=50