Welcome

Thanks for checking out our site and please come back..

Followers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Wedding

 

We had a wedding to attend yesterday in Bloomington, Indiana.  A university town, about 60 miles south of Indy.  The wedding was at 4:30 yesterday evening, so we left here around 2:30 to get there on time, and in case we got lost.  As it turned out, we were an hour early, but this gave us time to freshen up and visit with Lois and Wayne.(Mother and Father of the Groom).  Don’s younger brother, Denny and his wife were also there, so we all had a good little gab fest.

 

The wedding was one of the most romantic I have ever been too.  All of the songs sung before the actual ceremony were sung in French.  Their wedding march was the classical version, and while they were greeting all their guests, as the new Mr. and Mrs.  Scott, a flutist was playing in the background.  It was not a fancy wedding, but just very classy, I thought.

 

After leaving the church, we all headed to the Eagles Pointe Golf Course for a reception.  Of course there was plenty of food and merriment, so I won’t bore you with all the details, but just let me say, the food was delicious, and fun was had by all.  I took lots of pictures for my own use, so I will just post a collage of a few.

 

Church

 

We are getting ready to head to Charlotte’s house for some good BBQ, potato salad, and great football.  It’s a bit up in the air just where we will be watching the game.  She says her daughter, Keri has invited us to come watch on the big screen, but we will just play it by ear.  Doesn’t matter to me; just as long as I get to see the game.  The Broncos play the Colts today.  Yes, Donnie and I will watch together, but it isn’t easy when his team plays mine.  May the best team win…. :-)

 

Wanted to say thanks to Carol and John for becoming my 40th followers.  They are also located here in Indy and have very graciously asked to meet us at a breakfast or campfire.  We love meeting readers, and fellow bloggers, so we are working on a meeting right now. 

 

Also want to mention that my posts may not be as often.  There is just so much you can write about doing laundry and cleaning, but I will post anything I think might be interesting to you, and especially our day trips and visits. 

 

I have a couple of pictures of my daughter and her husband on their biking trip a couple of weeks ago.  I don’t think my butt could take a whole week of riding anymore, but they sure had a ball.59944_119713898082323_100001311414416_109414_6080840_n

 

60418_120674674652912_100001311414416_112429_3341664_n 

 

They always have such a good time.  In the bottom picture they had just finished a tour in a Winery.  Drink a glass for me kids!! 

 

Gonna run and get some clothes on.  I need to run to the store and get a Sunday paper.  Catch you later….

4 comments:

Rick said...

I guess with the size of those wineglasses in the last picture, you need a big bottle like the one your daughter's holding!

It would be nice to hear the traditional Wedding March again at a wedding. Seems today, so many folks are choosing some 'meaning' song that means absolutely nothing to me when I hear it.

Unknown said...

The wedding sounds wonderful. That wine glass is making me thirsty.

Gypsy said...

The wedding must have been beautiful and very romantic.

Love that bottle of wine!

Sue and Doug said...

congratulations to the happy couple!!!..and Cheers..that is one big honking bottle!!