Welcome

Thanks for checking out our site and please come back..

Followers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hotter Weather Prevails

 

Our cool weather only lasted one day.  The heat came back with a vengeance.  We are expected to break another record today.  It was 95 record-breaking degrees 2 days ago, and the last time I checked it was 91* today.

 

Welcome to my new follower, heyduke50.  Hope you enjoy the ride!!

 

Called my brother this morning and invited him out for breakfast.  He said he was glad for the company.  We tried to get Charlotte to go too, but she had a house to clean today.  Uncle Boone likes to go to Waffle House, so that is where we went.  He ate pretty good.  Had a 1/2 order of biscuits and gravy, 1/2 order of bacon and 2 or 3 cups of coffee.  He started taking his Mary Jo pills yesterday, and by golly, I think they are already starting to work.  Its a good thing he has good insurance, cause for just one month, those pills are $487.00.  Can you believe that?  I guess if you don’t have ins., you just starve to death.  I suppose there are programs to help the indigent, but my goodness, that is really high for a plant that anyone could grow, if it were legal.

 

After eating breakfast, he felt like a ride, so we headed up to Eagle Creek Park.  It is a city park, and my brother likes to go fishing there, when he is up to it.  He asked me today if we could maybe get a picnic together one day, and go up there and cook out.  I said sure, sounds like fun to me.  Want to report that the little rehab girl that he had while in the Nursing Home, did indeed bring him some fishing equipment.  That was so sweet of her, and he really appreciates it.  We all do.  I will share a few pictures with you.001

 

Panorama 34 

 

015

 

026

 

As you can see, this is a really nice little park, and they have lots, and lots of picnic shelters, hiking trails, and lots of places to fish.  We didn’t have to pay to get in; my brother buys a pass every year, so we got in on that.  If your in the area, it is worth a look.

 

We are planning a trip to Brown County, Indiana.  At least Charlotte and myself.  The guys aren’t sure if they want to go or not.  It is definitely a “Tourist Trap”, but I have always enjoyed going through all the little shops.  They usually offer tours on fudge making, and pretzel making, and all that kind of thing.  The fall colors in this area also rival any in any other place in these United States.  It’s one of the things Brown County is known for.

 

After leaving the park we stopped at Wendy’s and each had a chocolate frosty.  He got a large and ate it all.  Good old Mary Jo…. :-)

 

Charlotte tells me that the Flea Markets we normally go to in the area of Brown County have been closed down, so we will have to see if we can find out where they moved to.

 

I have House Finch and Sparrows coming to my bird feeder, so I am a happy camper.  No hummers, but I think it may be a little late in the year for them. 

 

You all stay safe.

5 comments:

Gypsy said...

At the rate of $487 a month, it would be more economically feasible to buy a couple packs of papers, find a kid to get you the weed, and for a few extra bucks he would probably roll them for you as well. That is what I would do if I am ever in that predicament.

I'm so glad to hear it is working. And as I mentioned previously, there are so MANY physical ailments that can be helped by marijuana, including some really debilitating ones. America needs to get out of her Puritan attitudes and become more open-minded.

Rick said...

$487 dollars for a few MJ pills? Wow! The pharmaceuticals are now charging more than the street corner dealers are for dope, and they don't have to worry about going to jail.

Travels with Emma said...

Glad to hear your brother's appetite has picked up. A picnic in that park sounds like a winner to me! :)

Roadrunner said...

Gee, we are all in the wrong business!
Beautiful little lake.

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

I agree with Gypsy,I would have to do the samething thats a lot of money.

But I'm glad to hear it is helping him eat.

Have a good weekend..