Welcome

Thanks for checking out our site and please come back..

Followers

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Garfield Park Conservatory and Gardens

 

I know I should be ashamed, but I am not.  Cleaning has just not been one of my priorities in the last few weeks.  We are not living in a pig sty or anything, but when I have some time away from the hospital, I just don’t want to be stuck here.  You can still walk through without tripping on anything, and you can still see out the windows.  I will get back into the groove pretty soon, but right now it is last on my list.

 

When we were here last year I found a really good Mexican Bakery, so this morning I drug Donnie over there to get some good pastries and bread.  I didn’t have to drag very hard.  I would show you a picture of what we bought, but they didn’t last long enough for that.  I won’t be going over there much.  It’s hell on your diet.

 

We also stopped by the Propane Company this morning to see about getting a large tank for this winter, but they were closed, so will have to go back on Tuesday.

 

Want to welcome my new follower, CeiPui.  I have been reading her site for a while and like it a lot.  Check it out if you get a chance.  Thanks for following and hope you enjoy the ride.

 

We also took a trip over to Garfield Park where the Conservatory is.  I love this place.  My cousin, Charlotte and I went before Christmas last year to see it all decked out, so I wanted to see it this time of the year.  They have several different displays throughout the year, so I am going to try to see some more of them this year.  I took lots of pictures and will let them tell the story.  I know some of you won’t like all the plant life, but a lot will.  Please enjoy and stay safe.

 

Panorama 38

Panorama 39

2010-10-23

2010-10-231

2010-10-232

2010-10-233

2010-10-234

2010-10-235

2010-10-236

2010-10-237

2010-10-238

2010-10-240

2010-10-2310

2010-10-2311

2010-10-2312

2010-10-2313

2010-10-2314

12 comments:

Gypsy said...

Great pictures of beautiful flowers and plants. A couple of the plants look like the lettuce I've been buying at the farmer's market every week! I'm sure they are more exotic than that.

Margie and Roger said...

IMO you just can't take enough photos of flowers and plants...really pretty photos.

Vera said...

Beautiful greenery. What a great way to spend some time looking at all that. Thanks for taking so many pictures.

Travels with Emma said...

So, did you pick a banana? Maybe the potassuim would offset the Mexican pastries! :)

BamaGurl said...

Hi Pidge, I finally figured out (with ur help) how to follow u on here and I absolutely LOVE it. U r right, this site offers sooooo much more. Thank u for all the pictures and please, keep them coming. They are all so beautiful and do so much to lift up the spirit of this ole girl fighting cancer for the 2nd time. I hope to figure out how to print some of them out and put them in my journal...I am making what I call a "feel good" journal so that on the days I maybe don't feel so great, I can look at all these pictures and lift my spirits back to where they should be. Thank u my dear friend, God Bless u, ur husband, brother and all family members. Love ya!

Rick said...

Nice job with those collages - you are becoming the 'blog pro' at those. All great pictures too, thanks for sharing.

meowmomma said...

Wow! That place looks awesome! Great collages as Rick said!!! They need some butterflies in there too!

-Heidi said...

I really like what you're doing with collages! Also, so glad you took a little time to enjoy.

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures.

~~Mike~~ said...

I agree with my wife, Heidi, the collages are great! Very beautiful and well done!

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

Phyllis said...

Thanks for the warm welcome and good words!

Very nice collages, love them all!

Too bad you're missing the photos of the baked goodies! Uh, the thought of bread is making me hungry now (bedtime)!

Susan and Sam said...

Such beautiful flowers....and the photos are excellent. I enjoyed seeing them.
Susan