Thanks for checking out our site and please come back..


Thursday, February 17, 2011

An Emergency Surgery


Tuesday night when we got back from the club house, my daughter had left a message on my phone.  My middle grandson, Mitchell had an appendicitis attack and had to have it removed.  When I talked to Shannon, he was in recovery and the Doctor had told them all was going well.  I have been keeping up with his progress on face book. What did we do before computers?

We have stayed pretty busy this week.  I apologize to all the bloggers that I normally read.  It just seems like when we are down here, there is always something going on that takes up my time.  I will try to do better from now on.

We had our big dessert night Sunday, and you would not believe the amount of dessert that turned up.  We all played games after, and I thought I may have to go home.  I love desserts and sweet stuff, but lately it doesn’t like me.  I took  a couple of shots to share with you.



I think there were around 40 people at Dessert night.

Monday Donnie and I decided to drive the Three Sisters.  We took 336 out of Leakey, to 41, with a short trip over to Rock Springs.  I wanted to see The Devils Sinkhole, but you have to have an appointment.  Anyway, then we drove back on 41 to hit 335, we then took it to Camp Wood and there we hit 337, which completed the Three Sister’s drive. I was only able to get a couple of pictures, but if you are in this area, this drive is a must.  Some of the prettiest scenery we have seen down here.  Of course, they are all in the Hill Country so, that explains why it is so pretty.

009 Stitch-1


Tuesday, Marolyn, Nancy and myself went to Uvalde to get our hair cuts.  We went to Fantastic Sam’s.  Every Tuesday they give cuts for $10.00, and boy did they give good cuts.  I hope that I can find their shop for my next cut, somewhere down the road.  We also hit some consignment shops while we were in there, but the other girls are making some beaded Christmas trees so, wanted to get back.  I walked over to try and help them, and Pam from the office was lending a hand also, but we are sure the directions are wrong.  We tried every way possible to get them to work, but Pam finally said she was going to email the company for new instructions.

Tuesday night we played games again, and we always have a great time.  We played Pegs and Jokers and us girls were undefeated till then, but got our butts whipped Tuesday night.  All in fun so, no one really cares.  We did win the next game though :)

Don, Rusty, and I finally had a camp fire the other night.  It was lots of fun, and once Rusty learned it was hot, he didn’t even attempt to go near it.  He is just like Don’s shadow so, I was really worried that he would jump up on the pit when Don tended it, but he didn’t so, all’s well, that end’s well.


Yesterday, Joy, Nancy, Marolyn, and myself all went back to Kerrville, to do some more consignment shop, shopping.  Joy got some wooden bunnies to put on her front porch at home.  Nancy bought more books.  Marolyn is always looking for sewing things, and found some, I got another shirt and nightgown. We always have a great time.

We stopped at a restaurant, The Lake House, that  had been recommended to us by another camper here.  He was right.  The food was excellent, and the place just said “welcome” when you walked in.  It was also overlooking the Guadeloupe River.

005 Stitch-1


From left is: Nancy, Joy, and Marolyn.  After finishing lunch we made a couple more stops then headed back to the camp.  Last night was a potluck, but we opted out and stayed home instead.  Tonight is another game night so, we will head over for that.  Today is also live music, but I am trying to get some laundry done so, probably will skip that also.

Want to welcome my newest follower, Russ.  Their site is very interesting.  Check it out.  Later….


Carol K said...

What scary news you received about your grandson's unexpected surgery. Glad to hear that he's recuperating well. You're right, being able to stay in contact by using cell phones, computers, Skype, Facebook, etc. is invaluable.

~~Mike~~ said...

Glad to hear Mitchell is recovering well! Surprise surgery is definitely a scary thing!

97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"

Cruzin2some said...

We sure hope the grandson has a speedy recovery. We are exhausted after reading your post. You have been busy!

You need to sit down by the camp fire with Donnie and Rusty and get some rest!

Travel Safe
Dawn & Denise

Alan and Marilyn McMillan said...

Will pray Mitchell continues to heal from his surgery. So thankful we are able to stay in contact with family & friends via computer & telephone -- makes traveling so much easier. Sounds like you all have so much fun. I'm ready to check out TX Hill Country:)

Roadrunner said...

Sounds like you are having sooo much fun, makes me NOT want to give up my rig!

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Wow! Glad your grandson is doing well.

Judy and Emma said...

I'm not big on deserts. so guess I'd pass that one by...unless they were serving hot buttered popcorn! :)

Donna K said...

Hoping for a quick recovery for your grandson. Glad you can stay in touch. I don't know what I would do without Face Book, Email, blogs, etc. My how times have changed.

Carol and Johnny said...

Glad your grandson is doing well. I'm with you... Not sure what we did without the internet and cell phones!

I was just thinking we should take a ride out your way and say hi, but you guys are so busy! lol

John and Carol said...

You certainly have been busy! The desserts sure look yummy and the price of your haircut cannot be beat.

I'm glad your grandson got through his surgery ok and wish him a very speedy recovery.

Happy Trails!

Randy and Terry said...

So glad your grandson's appendicitis was found and treated in time. Good news!

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Hi Pidge,
You are in a lovely area, and there are so many interesting views, scenes, towns and cities around you. It would take ages to explore it all.
Best wishes for your grandson.
Happy Trails, Penny, TX