Thanks for checking out our site and please come back..


Monday, April 25, 2011

No Real News Yet


I don’t really know anything yet.  The Doctor has ordered tests for Wednesday at an Owensboro hospital, and I will be fitted for a 24 hour monitor on the same day.  If nothing is picked up on these then, I will wear the monitor for 20 days.  He is a very good Doctor and wants to make sure what is going on before he prescribes any kind of diagnosis or gives me any kind of medication.

We have mostly  just been doing family things so, I really have nothing to write about.  I did get to spend the whole day with my little great grandson, Mason yesterday.  He is 3, and loves the Easter Bunny so we had lots of fun watching him gather eggs and play all day.  We also, of course, chased him around all day.  Oh to have that kind of energy again!!



In this picture Aunt Shannon is trying to get Chelsi up.  As you can see, instead sleeping in the guest room she slept on the couch with all three of Aunt Shannon’s dogs.  Shannon loves her little dogs.  Just to toot my own horn, the quilt she is sleeping under is the first one I ever made, and it was completely hand stitched.  All blocks, seams, the whole darn thing.  Took me forever!  I learned really fast to put the hard parts together with a machine, and then I really went to town on them. :) The others are of Chelsi being shy.


This picture is of Chelsi and Erica, and Erica’s kids.  Erica is an ex of my oldest grandson, Nick, but they have stayed very close and all feel the relationship may be rekindled some day.  Long story short, she was married before and has three kids from that marriage, she then had her tubes tied and Nick wants kids so, we will see, but we all love her and the kids so have stayed close to them.


This picture is of Mason pulling some cotton candy out of one of his baskets and really enjoying it, with Grandma Shannon looking on.  In the middle picture is Jon’s two girls, Chelsi and her Mom, Angie.

We also taught the kids how to play Mexican train and Pegs and Jokers. They really enjoyed both games.  I am sure we will be playing both again.

We have had rain here, nonstop for the whole time we have been here.  Every creek and stream are flooded, and the Ohio River is way out of it’s banks.  I just heard on the news this morning that a lot of roads are starting to close due to high water. Flash flood warnings here everywhere.

My son, Jon, and my grandson, Mitch have started a little business that has turned into more than they thought when they started.  They are remodeling bath rooms, and their specialty is tile patterns.  They are beautiful and people are calling everyday wanting them.  My grandson was laid off  from his full-time job and goes back to it today so, Jon will try to keep their business going till he either gets back or can leave his job and do this full time.  Right now it is the benefit side of this job that will have to be figured out.  I wish them all the luck in the world.  Jon just retired from 20 years of the army and found the inactivity at a desk almost unbearable so, I think he was ready for some physical labor.

As Sue says, I will write again when I have something blog worthy.  Hope this will publish, my internet is not really very strong.  Since I have been using the antenna that Mac told me about, I do pick up a lot better signal.

Hope you all had a very Happy Easter and didn’t over eat like I did.  Stay safe…. :)


Sue and Doug said...

Looks like you had a great Easter Weekend..lovely family you have!
good luck with all the tests!..a monitor for 20 days?...that should be interesting..I only had to do the 24 hour one and that was bad enough!

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Hanging around with the grandkids is a great tonic.

Rick and Paulette said...

Looks like you had a great Easter with family and especially the grandkids. Good luck with your medical tests.

Gypsy said...

It's always a great time when the grandkids are around. I love the quilt. My grandmother made them all by hand for most of her life, and when she was really old someone suggested she do the big squares and then piece them together. It was much easier for her to handle. I always wanted to quilt but didn't have the patience, and now I don't have the eyesight.

Good luck with the monitor.

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

Looks like a great Easter with the family Hope things go well with the DR.

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Having the holiday with the Grands is great, We hope all the Doctors news is good for you. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna...

Alan and Marilyn McMillan said...

Grands are so much fun when they're small and still like to hide and hunt eggs! I wore the monitor for 21 days and that's what showed my atrial-fib...ultrasound & stress test were good. I think we now have the med dosage worked out & I am ready to rock 'n roll -- you will too once they get all the test results and get you on the right med -- if that's what you need! Will be waiting to hear what you find out.

John and Carol said...

What great smiles! I'm glad you got to spend time with your family.

Also grateful you found such a good doctor to monitor your heart condition.

Many Blessings to you!

Jorge and Evielynne's RV Road Adventures said...

I'd like to see more pictures of you tooting your own horn - handstitched? WOW that's amazing post more pictures if you could. My husband quilts and he made 2 king size quilts in our 24 ft rv. He is amazing!! Love all the photos and super cute on the little one sleeping with the pets - I love that!!


Cruzin2some said...

Your in our prayers that your test are good.

Travel Safe
Dawn and Denise

Al and Karen said...

Hi Pidge,
My husband hated wearing the monitorm but it's better knowing what's wrong than not knowing why you feel lousy! Prayers for a good outcome for you!

*The Old Geezer said...

It looks like you and your family had a great Easter.

Mexican Train is one of my wife's favorite board games.

Take care and have a nice weekend :-)